enjoying DEVO
SpudLupa
2010-06-17 19:41:56 UTC
I don't have the CD yet so I can't comment. (Gee, you guys at WOW
discussion are kinda brutal on the band.... What did you expect? They
are DEVOLVING!)

It's been great to see DEVO on TV! THANK YOU for posting the
appearances info!!

I saw the Jimmy K. & Letterman & Colbert appearances. I loved the
Colbert show especially with the chat time with Mark and Gerald.
Steven's obviously a real fan. I don't have a way to record it so I'm
staying home today so I can watch it 2 more times before they change
over to the Thursday show.

Love the suits!

It IS now or never,
SpudLupa
Gary Childs
2010-06-17 19:46:28 UTC
Don't forget Regis & Kelly on Friday.
blutarsky
2010-06-17 21:39:46 UTC
Post by SpudLupa
I don't have the CD yet so I can't comment. (Gee, you guys at WOW
discussion are kinda brutal on the band.... What did you expect? They
are DEVOLVING!)
i did always love that they had an inbuilt excuse for when the
inspiration dried up -- this was a masterstroke. coming back invalidated
all that though, especially when SFE couldn't help but be better than
their last couple of albums.
--
I swear: if I live to complete this autobiography, I will go through it
again and cross out all the 'Hi ho's.'
Hi ho.
blutarsky
2010-06-20 18:42:23 UTC
Post by SpudLupa
I saw the Jimmy K. & Letterman & Colbert appearances. I loved the
Colbert show especially with the chat time with Mark and Gerald.
Steven's obviously a real fan. I don't have a way to record it so I'm
staying home today so I can watch it 2 more times before they change
over to the Thursday show.
jerry referenced "fountain of filth" on colbert. colbert got the name of
the album wrong.

1978: "why the yellow suits? you guys are wacky."
1980: "what are the flower pots all about? you guys are wacky."
1981: "what are you saying with the JFK hair? you guys are wacky."
1982: "spud ring collars? you guys are wacky."
2010: "remember when you used to wear the flower pots? you guys were wacky.
we'd love to hear whip it."

blutarsky