the new CD??
Dusty
2009-11-03 23:13:00 UTC
Hi all...
Any one know when the new CD is to be released...especially in Australia???
I`m hanging out for this,and the concerts here next yr.
Cheers :-}
Gary Childs
2009-11-05 00:27:51 UTC
Spring.
Todd Spango
2009-11-05 12:51:52 UTC
Post by Gary Childs
Post by Dusty
Any one know when the new CD is to be released...especially in Australia???
Spring.
FWIW, I've read that Gerry says that it's the best collection of songs
they've ever done. The singles so far are awesome, but they've got a
very high standard to meet for that to be true.
Rev. Richard Skull
2009-11-05 23:19:25 UTC
Post by Todd Spango
Post by Gary Childs
Post by Dusty
Any one know when the new CD is to be released...especially in Australia???
Spring.
FWIW, I've read that Gerry says that it's the best collection of songs
they've ever done.  The singles so far are awesome, but they've got a
very high standard to meet for that to be true.
I am going to see both of their shows in DC this month. Besides their
LP's are they playing any of their new music?

Last time they came to DC, they played Jihad Jerry over the PA system
before the show.
Gary Childs
2009-11-06 02:08:56 UTC

I heard they do "Watch Us Work It" as an encore.
Dr. Strangemonde
2009-12-06 23:19:39 UTC
Post by Gary Childs
Post by Rev. Richard Skull
are they playing any of their new music?
I heard they do "Watch Us Work It" as an encore.
At SXSW they did 3 or 4 new songs - that was last March. Remember,
they have to make a matching synched bg video before they can debut a
song live!

- Dr S
Gary Childs
2009-12-07 05:32:39 UTC
Post by Dr. Strangemonde
At SXSW they did 3 or 4 new songs - that was last March. Remember,
they have to make a matching synched bg video before they can debut a
song live!

Yeah, that's right. On the current FOC and AWNM tour they didn't play any
new stuff.

blutarsky
2009-11-07 16:04:36 UTC
Post by Todd Spango
Post by Gary Childs
Post by Dusty
Any one know when the new CD is to be released...especially in Australia???
Spring.
FWIW, I've read that Gerry says that it's the best collection of songs
they've ever done.
time will tell. "don't shoot" isn't _great_, but it's better than i had
any right to expect after something like TOTAL DEVO. what has me worried
more than anything else, are the "producers" they're considering. fat boy
slim? snoop dogg? ugh.

"watch us work it", though, gives a glimmer of hope!

--
I swear: if I live to complete this autobiography, I will go through it
again and cross out all the 'Hi ho's.'
Hi ho.
Gary Childs
2009-11-07 21:14:10 UTC
Post by blutarsky
what has me worried
more than anything else, are the "producers" they're considering. fat boy
slim? snoop dogg? ugh.
"we did reach out and talked to the Teddy Bears, Fatboy Slim, Snoop, James
Murphy from LCD Soundsystem, and Al [Doyle] from Hot Chip.......The problem
is schedules. I mean, these people are so busy. Some of them said, 'In six
months I can do it.' And we're like, "In six months we could be dead"

http://www.myyearbook.com/?mysession=bWFnX2FydGljbGVfcmVhZCZhaWQ9MzExNjY

"While submission has never been in Devo's DNA, they've stepped away from
the console and invited a handful of producers to remix and rework the
finished tracks. Contributors include John Hill (Shakira, Jay-Z), DJ Adam
Freeland and Kris Allen producer Greg Kurstin, who says he's worked on Devo
songs "Mind Games," "Please Baby Please," "Let's Do It" and "What We Do."
John King of the Dust Brothers -- a duo known for its textured production of
the Beastie Boys' Paul's Boutique -- will produce a song called "Step Up."

http://www.examiner.com/x-10482-Tampa-Liberal-Examiner~y2009m11d1-Devo-get-Fresh-with-new-album-tour-documentary?cid=channel-rss-Politics
Dr. Strangemonde
2009-12-06 23:20:59 UTC
Post by Gary Childs
we're like, "In six months we could be dead"
Oh, well -- sorry, Australia!

- Dr S
Dusty
2009-11-06 09:23:21 UTC
Hi,there...
Errrr...is that Australian `spring` (more or less its now) or American
`spring`??
Thanks in advance
Spring.
Rev. Richard Skull
2009-11-06 15:45:04 UTC
Post by Dusty
Any one know when the new CD is to be released...especially in Australia???
Spring.- Hide quoted text -
Thats what you get for driving on the wrong side of the Road!
Gary Childs
2009-11-06 23:37:05 UTC
Post by Dusty
Hi,there...
Errrr...is that Australian `spring` (more or less its now) or American
`spring`??
USA