DEVO Live DVD
Rev. Richard Skull
2005-02-10 21:08:10 UTC
So I've now seen this about 4 times. And I have gotten to the point
where I can enjoy watching the audience as well as the Spud Boys.

I have noticed one real interseting thing: At the start of their show,
the side stage near Josg was basicly full of stage-hands, roady types.
By the time DEVO gets into their third song, the area starts filling up
with spectators. And by the time they get through Jock-Homo, the whole
side of the stage is PACKED!

That impressed me a lot.

Second thing I have noticed: The girls!

There is one in an orange one peice minidress with a black hat on
backwards stanging on the edge of the stage, against the black curtin.
A real hottie.

And the girl in the DEVO T-Shirt with hear hair shaved off! A hot
potato is I ever saw one!

Then it the rest of the girls in the audience. 95% of whome are above
average! Is this a California thing? (Monica can tell us)

Maybe its like Argentina. They deport all the Ugly woemn to Paraguay.
Pink Pussycat
2005-02-11 02:22:21 UTC
Post by Rev. Richard Skull
Then it the rest of the girls in the audience. 95% of whome are above
average! Is this a California thing? (Monica can tell us)
SoCal has a lot of real tomatoes, yes it does. :-)

~Pink
(ok, so I don't *need* a chick, but it would be nice to have one...)
--
"The enemy is at the gate. And the enemy is the human mind
itself - or lack of it - on this planet." - General Boy
NF
2005-02-12 14:17:42 UTC
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/6983695/avrillavigne?pageid=rs.News&pageregion=double1&rnd=1108217778994&has-player=true&version=6.0.12.872

rolling stone mentions the devo live dvd...

Gary Childs
2005-02-12 17:19:38 UTC
Post by NF
rolling stone mentions the devo live dvd...
That's the upcoming Devo Live 1980 DVD.
You know that bonus footage of Devo doing Gut Feeling in 1980 on the Devo -
Live In The Land of the Rising Sun DVD?
Well, Devo Live 1980 is going to be the whole show this was taken from.
Boom
2005-02-13 09:59:49 UTC
Post by NF
rolling stone mentions the devo live dvd...
That's the upcoming Devo Live 1980 DVD.
You know that bonus footage of Devo doing Gut Feeling in 1980 on the Devo -
Live In The Land of the Rising Sun DVD?
Well, Devo Live 1980 is going to be the whole show this was taken from.
That sounds like it's going to be a blast. The camerawork on that
clip isn't great, but the sound is pretty good for a low budget deal.
I wonder if they'll have Booji Boy's Funeral/Tunnel Of Life on it...it
would be pretty badass to finally see the missing footage again. What
I don't get, though, is when they showed it at the show, it was all
one seamless clip. How do they lose the second part but not the first
part?
Rev. Richard Skull
2005-02-13 20:43:31 UTC
<<That sounds like it's going to be a blast. The camerawork on that
clip isn't great, but the sound is pretty good for a low budget deal.
I wonder if they'll have Booji Boy's Funeral/Tunnel Of Life on it...it
would be pretty badass to finally see the missing footage again. What
I don't get, though, is when they showed it at the show, it was all
one seamless clip. How do they lose the second part but not the first
part? <<

Just remeber, this was made back in the stone age of video! Heck, in
1980 we were forced to drive something call the "K-Car!" I think the
"K" had something to do with recycling. Becuase after 70,000 miles, the
car would fall apart and you just scrap[ed it up and put in into the
recycle bin.

The guy at "Car Talk" called it the CRAP campaign. Crysler Recycles
Automaticly Program.
Boom
2005-02-14 09:09:24 UTC
Post by Rev. Richard Skull
<<That sounds like it's going to be a blast. The camerawork on that
clip isn't great, but the sound is pretty good for a low budget deal.
Just remeber, this was made back in the stone age of video! Heck, in
Oh, yeah, I forgot. Multicamera shoots were just starting to catch on
in 1980 ;)
Post by Rev. Richard Skull
1980 we were forced to drive something call the "K-Car!" I think the
"K" had something to do with recycling. Becuase after 70,000 miles, the
car would fall apart and you just scrap[ed it up and put in into the
recycle bin.
The guy at "Car Talk" called it the CRAP campaign. Crysler Recycles
Automaticly Program.
I remember them. They were like Yugos, only without the high gas
mileage.